You think you’re doing everything right. You use hand sanitizer fanatically, wear a scarf in blustery weather, and keep your distance from sneezy co-workers. Then why do you always seem to come down with multiple colds this time of year? There are some things that could be working against you that you might find surprising.
Here are 5 surprising reasons you’re getting sick:
- Eating too much sugar – Research has shown that eating 100 grams of sugar decreased the white blood cells’ ability to kill bacteria for up to 5 hours afterwards.
- Not drinking enough water – Your body requires fluids to flush out toxins, so be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
- Having vitamin and mineral deficiencies – Certain vitamins and minerals are necessary for your immune system to produce antibodies.
- Being overweight – Excess pounds can cause hormonal imbalances and inflammation, compromising the immune system.
- Being stressed – Being too stressed for an extended period of time has been shown to have a negative effect on the ability of your immune system to function.
If none of these factors apply to you, there could be a serious underlying issue affecting your immune system. Use the Vitals Doctor Finder to find a physician who can get to the bottom of your constant colds.
Sources: healthychoicenaturals.com and livestrong.com