This week at Vitals, we’re focusing on the importance of feeling good about ourselves as part of our overall health.
If you think that feeling better about yourself requires a total life overhaul, think again.
Here are five simple things you can do today that are sure to improve your mood and lower your stress level:
- Go for a walk. No matter the pace, waking will help clear your head while mood-lifting endorphins flood your body.
- Write in a journal. Our minds are often a jumble of conflicting emotions and competing responsibilities. Writing down your thoughts helps you prioritize your life and determine what may be causing you undue stress.
- Complete a chore you’ve been putting off. With all of the urgent responsibilities we have each day, some tasks get pushed further and further down our to-do list. Finally being able to check one of these chores off the list will provide an immediate and lasting sense of satisfaction to boost your mood.
- Reach out to a friend you’ve lost touch with. Re-establishing a valued friendship can make any rough day seem easier!
- Do something you enjoy that you haven’t done in a while. Haven’t had the time for a bike ride or a good book lately? Taking the time to do something you love on a regular basis will make the long work week seem like less of a drag.
Aim to do as many of these five things you can each week, and be sure to keep up with your regular health checkups – visit Vitals to find a general practitioner near you today!