CNN’s HLN channel is debuting a new show, April 4th, called “Dr. Drew.”
CNN reveals top ten fun facts about Dr. Drew you may not have known:
1. He went to Amherst College and studied liberal arts before going to medical school. “I love everything about the human experience,” Dr. Pinsky told Robin Meade in an interview, “and addiction is such a wild window into the human experience.”
2. He is an opera singer and at one point wanted to go professional. “That’s what I thought I was gonna do for five minutes. Thank God I’m a horrible musician,” he admitted. “Good singer, horrible musician.”
3. He has an asteroid named after him.
5. He sang a show tune with Seth MacFarlane at a Haitian relief concert. “I had never sung with an orchestra, so that was awesome,” he said.
6. He can get by on little sleep. “When he has a job to do he just doesn’t need sleep,” his wife Susan said. “I have to make sure that they don’t accidentally book him 24 hours a day 3 days in a row.”
7. He and Susan have triplets, Douglas, Jordan and Paulina, all of whom will be attending college in the Fall. “I’m freaked out,” Pinsky said. “I guess they would [call me an] anxious dad because I am pretty anxious about the college thing for them.”
8. He was the captain of his high school football team.
9. During his teen and young adult years, he was a lifeguard at Laguna Beach.
10. He uses the internet, Facebook and Twitter more than his children do. “I think he uses the internet, like Facebook and stuff, more than the three of us combined,” his daughter Paulina said.
The “Dr. Drew” show premieres Monday, April 4 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.