Dr. Jennifer Arnold of ‘Little Couple’ Looking to Add to the Family

Dr Jennifer Arnold Dr. Jennifer Arnold of Little Couple Looking to Add to the Family Photo

Dr. Jennifer Arnold

Every Tuesday night, millions of viewers tune in to watch Dr. Jennifer Arnold and her husband, Bill Klein on the “Little Couple” on TLC.  As per last night’s episode, they revealed that they were excited to add on to the family.  It’s a big decision for any young couple, but especially complicating for them, as it would involve consulting an obstetrician specializing in dwarfism.

The stars of the show traveled to Baltimore’s St. Joseph’s Medical Center (SJMC) to consult Dr. Judith Rossiter, head of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. As we reported at the premier date of the show, Jen Arnold was born with spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia, or SED, in which a random genetic mutation causes abnormal collagen formation. This led to her dwarfed stature of 3 feet, 2 inches.

This wasn’t their first visit to SJMC, as that is where each of them underwent surgery for their condition, by late Dr. Steven Koptis.  Bill Klein remembers the serendipitous moment of them meeting as kids in the same hospital, only to reunite as adults on a dating site for little people.

According to Vitals.com, Dr. Jennifer Arnold is a highly praised pediatrician, neonatal specialist and assistant professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. She has 17 personal reviews and comments on her profile granting her a well-deserved Patients’ Choice Award.

READ MORE ABOUT DR. JENNIFER ARNOLD

little couple Dr. Jennifer Arnold of Little Couple Looking to Add to the Family Photo

Dr. Judith Rossiter with The Little Couple (Jen Arnold & Bill Klein)

Comments

1. Slew says:

Hees a little tip for Dr. Jen. 2 Great Dwarf names for boys. Alvis and Chaparral.

The boy’s name Alvis is of Old Norse origin. From Norse mythology involving the dwarf Alviss who fell in love with the daughter of Thor, the god of thunder. A variant of the name is Elvis.

The boy’s name Chaparral is of Spanish origin, and its meaning is “dwarf oak”. Chaparral is the term used to describe various kinds of low-growing ground covers such as the mesquite found in the southwestern America. The name thus has associations with wide, open spaces. A variant of the name is Chap.

2. Dawn says:

Jen & Bill
    Best of luck in your decision to start a family. There is no question the two of you will make great parents. I have never watched your show until last night (the finale). I am a NICU nurse and am now interested in your journey. I am cheering you on as any woman would to carry your own baby but with so many other options, I think the outcome will be good. I have a feeling next season your mom and you will be decorating a nursery. You are a beautiful person and handle yourself with the utmost grace in all do!

3. Wanda says:

I have watched every episode of your show and I love it. You two are such a good example for other little people. I have a daughter that also has SED. Can’t wait till next season. Thank you both!

4. Babie says:

I was wondering where your show went. I was worried why I have not seen you both. Both of you give great name for other Little People, Jen is always happy and Bill is great with his wife. Perfect couple. Your show should be “Cute People, Perfect Couple”. I hope God will blessed you both with beautiful babies. I know you will be a great Mom and great Dad. Stay sweet and love each other. See you both soon.. hurry back. We miss you..

5. carmen c. alegrado says:

Hello Ms. Jen, I have a child with SED. He is four years old now. Being a mother I search in the net on where I could find people with SED and hopefully become my community. I thank God I browse your profile…..I really impress your achievements……I wish you luck in all your activities.

6. Michelle G says:

I went to vote a 10 on here and it took it as a 1.. :( I would love to know who to contact to fix it as I love the show, have seen every episode, and even had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Arnold (who by the way is even more fabulous in person if that is possible). My kids and I never miss an episode and just wish we had known her and Bill were throwing out the first pitches at the Astros game in Houston and we would have been there for sure! My 11-yr old daughter remarks every time she is at Texas Childrens that it would be such an honor to see Dr. Arnold walking in the building. We are all huge fans!

7. Orpha says:

Hi Dr. Arnold,

I enjoyed meeting you on yesterday. I was so excited because I have been wanting to meet you in person and it just so happened my niece had triplets and you took care of Micah for us. Thank you for your great work and for being there for the rest of the children. I highly admire you and continue to pray for you, Bill and Rocky. Can’t wait to see you on the next episode. Both me and my daughter are inviting you to lunch. You can reach me on my email orpha_megan@yahoo.com

8. Angela says:

Thank you for being such a wondeful and inspiring person. I love your show and have never missed an episode. Good luck on starting your family. Your children will be truly blessed to have 2 wonderful people like you and Bill for parents.My sixteen year old son thinks that you are a very kind and wonderful person. Take care and may God Bless you and Bill, and your family to be!

9. Elizabeth Green says:

Dear Dr. Arnold Jen . Your series is wonderful to watch . Both you and and your husband Bill most certainly show the world that no matter what size you are in life you can still be the best that you can be. I have severe osterarthritis that keeps me away from work a lot mostly because of pain as I’m awaiting TKR bi-lateral and I’m very scared that’s why I ask Jen the doctor should I be. I’ve suffered so long with this. Should I be scared Dr. Arnold. Respectfully Yours Elizabeth Green

10. Maria says:

Hello both of how amazing you are, each show I am humbled by your achievements and inspired by your zeal and abundance of human kindness, I’m a Buddhist and know that it matters to care for others, you two are a shining example, I live in UK and cant get enough of peeking in at your lives, blessings always, namaste, Maria

11. Geri Hansford says:

Dearest Jen and Bill:

I am thrilled that you two are on TV. With such dysfunctional families as the “other” couples with way too many children, you two are PERFECT. Jen, your laughter is contagious and Bill, your love and devotion to your wife is uplifting in this time of divorce. When I finish an episode, I feel much better about the human race.

You two deserve every happiness and good luck in everything you do.

I love you both!

12. peggy says:

Hi Jen – I’m a devoted fan and pray that you can deliver a baby safely. I have four children, eight grandchildren and two great grandchildren. Do you think that you could look in on the Duggar’s newest baby? She’s a micro-premie at 1 lb 6 oz and God willing, she’ll make it through. Your expertise will go far. Thank you.

13. Tammye Salinas says:

Hi Jen and Bill,
    I love your show! I have a son with SED and I would love to someday meet ya’ll. And the good thing I am just a little south of ya’ll in Texas. I saw the espisode where you are looking to have baby. I think that is great. I would love to do surrogacy but my three c-sections would probably not allow me to do that. I understand the challenges of having a child with dwarfism and I hope you get someone who can also understand that as well. I would also like to adopt a child with dwarfism. After my son came, it helped me to understand that we take life for granted and the littlest of people have to fight the hardest just to live and they are also full of life. Believe me, my son is just 3 years old and he is out to conquer the world.

14. Tracy Fann says:

Jen and Bill,

I love your show. I cannot say anything here that has not already been said but I watch your show all the time. I love you two. First off I love little people I am not sure why I just do. I really respect both of you for accomplishing so much in your lives considering the obstacles you have had to overcome. In the future if my child needed to come to Texas Childrens I would hope you would be the doctor Jen. Good luck to both of you! I hope everything goes well with your new home and finding a surrogate mother or adoption which ever you two may decide is best for you. BTW Jen I think you are a beautiful woman and Bill I think you set an awesome example to other men by the way you treat Jen. Oh yeah and I love Rocky too!

Your fan in Texas—Tracy

15. Bill McCollin says:

The “LITTLE COUPLE”, what a great first season you gave us,maybe on one of your seasons I’ll see a baby on that rock in bill’s dad’s back yard, also,maybe, in your new house, especially around the holidays with both families. My prayers go out to both of you and to the future of your family. Let us know when the second season begins on TLC,were all waiting.

16. Christina says:

Hi Jen and Bill, I love your show. I would be honored to be a surrogate for the both of you. I’m 26, I work in a hospital in Philly. I’m a non somker and a non drinker and in great health. Traveling would not be a problem. I have a wonderful family and support system. I wish you best of luck and happiness. Christina

17. R.Cohen says:

So glad you will be back God Bless I miss so much & I hope they let us know when you come back!

18. chadpaulbryant says:

PLESE CALL ME 1-337-626-1781

144 EAST LEE ST

SULPHUR, LA 70663

19. Shewolf260 says:

I think that this show is awsome!I watch it every week.

20. Batesvillecasketsceo1 says:

DR JENN, I REMEMBER MEETING YOU AT RIVERSIDE METHODIST HOSPITAL, SEPTEMBER 2009 IN BRAIN SURGERY, AND U ASK A FAVOR FOR YOUR AND BILL'S FUTURE. OH BY THE WAY I MARRIED MY NEUROSURGEON ON JANUARY 21, 2009. OUR BABIES ARE DUE IN SEPTEMBER BETWEEN 20 AND 23 2010 IM 10 MONTHS OVERDUE, I WAS DUE IN SEPTEMBER 2009, I WAS GOING INTO BRAIN SURGERY. I WANT TO SHARE MY DNA WITH U AND BILL. IVE MET U NOW AND WE ARE CONNECTED WERE HYDROCEPHALICS THE 2 OF US.
    MS DIANA M SHROPSHIRE-BAULTAURSHOT,PATIENT AND DNA DONOR
    <batesvillecasketsceo1@gmail.com>

21. Binta says:

dear jennifer and bill, wow it was so nice looking your programm on t.v. what a lovely couple you are, pretty, and so much respect and understanding for eachother!! i respect you a lot and loved all your photos on the sites!! a pity the programm is finished, wanted to know a lot more ab. your life and future!! i miss you a lot and wish you all the best, good health, good luck, the best with your new house and specialy a lot of success getting a baby!! you deserve the best luck!! love, kisses and a big hug!! binta, holland

22. Brook Crosby says:

Dr. Arnold, the next time you have laryngitis and have to make a presentation, try using a glass of water with some fresh lemon joice aqueezed in the water. I used to sing in public, and I used this remedy with great success! I love you and Bill! Sorry the show is ending after this season; but I hope to be able to keep up with you and your growing family.

Sincerely,

Brook Crosby

23. binta says:

dear dr. jennifer and bill, wow what a lovely and pretty couple you are. i want to email you both, but cant find the adress, so here i want to say i love you and i admire you so much, you are so beautiful, outside and inside!! so much respect and understanding for eachother!!! unbelievable!! you are great!!! on t.v. we cant see you anymore, a big big pity, cause i wanted to see your new house, and know about the baby, you both want so very much!! i wish you a lot of success with a baby!! you will be splendid parents!! and about your splendid inside: wenn everybody should be like you both, there should be no war in the world!! your both inside is a great example for everybody in this world!! you are a SMALL couple but with BIG, HIGH moral!! love and all the best!!, i hope this email will arrive you!! margaret de vries, holland

24. Thomas says:

Bill and Jen, I wish you guys the best of luck in your quest to have a child. *HUGS*

25. karen says:

when can we see another dvd come out. please give us a date. jen and bill/ we all love you.

26. Jautter6945 says:

It was a good show enjoyed it. What happened to the show? Is it coming back?

27. Kate says:

Last September is the lat time I was able to see the show, which I really looked forward to watching…I don’t know how the home they had built looks or if its finisihed, how the baby situation is going or if they have their baby yet..I saw one time last month where the show was aired at 4am Colorado time..why would the producers do this to such an awsome show??? Can some one fill me in and let me know day and time it is on noiw or in the future (Mountain time/Direct tv) THANKS BUNCHES!!!Kate

28. Connie Ledezma says:

Dear Bill and Jen.
    I love your show , I admire you both for your accomlishments, you both are great down to earth people. I have been watching every tuesday night and haven’t seen your show, what happened? when will you be back on the air?

29. Sherron Teal says:

the show resumed this evening in North Carolina, this is the first of the new season I’m so glad it came back on..

30. Gw_sashagirl says:

next episode as September 27, 2011   I believe

31. Marie says:

I like the show, Dr. jennifer and Bill, they are a cute couple. They are building a house for little people. They are havinga baby.
    Marie

32. Mimi says:

Morning Dr.Arnold I love watching you & Bill & your sweet puppy’s mine was from a cage outside being starved too death & I saved her she was 10 weeks at that time I love her very much she was $350 bucks all my love too you both & 2 puppy’s. Mimi

33. JB says:

I love, love, love the little couple! Very intelligent and inspiring couple. Please keep up the awesome work and I pray your desire to have a baby comes true soon. Many blessings to you.

34. jerryu says:

I like the show Dr arnold and Bil. Hope they have ababy soon.